Why do I need health insurance?
You buy insurance for your home, your car, maybe even your cell phone. Why not for your health? If something happens to you, you leave yourself vulnerable to large medical bills. No one plans to get sick or hurt. But no one should go broke — or even bankrupt — because of an injury or illness.
Even if you’re healthy now, family history with things like high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer can make you vulnerable to expensive health care needs. Having quality health insurance gives you protection from the unexpected.
Fortunately, the Health Insurance Marketplace makes health insurance easier to understand and purchase. You can be sure that you have coverage that’s there whenever you need it. And millions can get help paying for their insurance. Click here to see what you might qualify for using our calculator.
Ready to get started? Click here and we’ll take you to your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.
- What’s a Health Insurance Marketplace? What does it offer me?
- What will my new health insurance plan cover?
- What if I need help with my health insurance application?
- How much will my new health insurance cost? Can I get financial help?
- What should I do before I sign up?
- What if I’ve been denied health insurance before or already have a medical condition?
- How do I choose the right plan?
- What happens if I don’t sign up for health insurance by March 31st?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Related Blog Posts
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled