Archive for May, 2016
What Every Graduating Senior Should Know About Health Coverage
May 24, 2016
Congrats Class of 2016 — you did it! Now what?
Before you turn your tassel to the left and walk down the stage, here’s one thing you should know: If you are under your school’s student health plan, you will likely lose your coverage soon.
But don’t worry! You have some options:
- Get covered through your parent’s health insurance plan. You can stay on your parent’s health plan until you’re 26.
- See if you could get health insurance through your employer. Ask your employer about the health benefits they offer and take advantage.
- Get your own plan through the marketplace. You’ll have 60 days from the date your student plan ends to get covered. Find the right plan that fits your budget and health needs. And remember: Financial help is available!
- See if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid. If you qualify, you can enroll at any time.
Here are a couple of post-grad life tips to help you get started:
- If you’re worried about paying for your new health insurance, find out here to see if could qualify for free or low-cost coverage through the marketplace or Medicaid.
- If you have questions or need help with your marketplace or Medicaid application, free, in-person help is available.
Having health insurance gives you the peace of mind and protects your wallet. So before you go forth and conquer the world of adulting, make sure to get covered.
2016 Texas State of Enrollment Conference
May 18, 2016
Thank you all for attending the 2016 State of Enrollment Conference! We hope you had a great time, learned a lot, and made many new and exciting connections.
As promised, the slides are available from last week’s plenary and workshop sessions. We look forward to working with you all in the field for the rest of the Special Enrollment Period, Open Enrollment 4, and beyond!
2016 Texas State of Enrollment Conference
Join Enroll America at the State of Enrollment Conference in San Antonio July 14-15.
With two days of plenaries, workshops, trainings, and networking events, the conference offered valuable opportunities to share ideas, learn from each other and plan for the future as we continue to help Texans enroll in and retain health coverage. Connecting with peers and partners from across the state as we took a critical look at what worked during the third open enrollment period for the health insurance marketplaces, what barriers remain to enrolling and retaining consumers in health coverage, and how we can continue working as a community to build and sustain momentum in our ongoing effort to get Texas covered for years to come.
Who: Enroll America and partners from all aspects of the outreach and enrollment effort
Where: Encino Ballroom, CentroMed, 3750 Commercial Ave, San Antonio, TX 78221
When: July 14-15, 2016
Enroll America convened our third state conference July 14-15, 2016, bringing together hundreds of attendees, including state and federal government officials, state-based and local partners, enrollment networks, and stakeholders in the health care sector. Attendees had the opportunity to hear and share lessons learned, new research, and best practices for ongoing outreach and enrollment efforts. With interactive and hands-on trainings, workshops, keynotes, and events, the conference offered valuable networking with Enroll America partners and staff from across the state and served as a premier opportunity to exchange learnings and build momentum for years to come. We hope to see you next year!
The agenda included sessions on:
- Improving health insurance literacy
- Helping consumers choose the right plan
- Using data to support partner coordination
- Digital/social media outreach
- Working with city and county health departments
- Consumer advocacy
- Messaging and communications strategy
- Overview of enrollment tools
Who Attends the State of Enrollment Conference?
The conference brings together attendees from all aspects of the outreach and enrollment effort, including navigators and assisters, state and federal government ofﬁcials, state-based and local partners, hospital systems, health plans, enrollment networks, along with other stakeholders leading and implementing enrollment in Medicaid and the Health Insurance Marketplaces.
Enroll America Texas would like to thank the following sponsors for making the 2016 Texas State of Employment possible!
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!