Archive for November, 2016
Time to Get Covered for 2017!
November 15, 2016
The Marketplace officially opened on November 1st, and now is the time to enroll or change your Marketplace health insurance for 2017. There are a few key dates to remember as you think about your coverage needs for 2017:
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in a plan for your coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
You may also have questions now that the election is over. Here’s some information to keep in mind:
Find the Spanish version below:
What’s the Deal with Financial Help?
November 9, 2016
So you’ve heard about Obamacare. You want Obamacare. But you’re worried about your budget.
Totally understandable. The good news is that financial help is available to lower your health care costs.
Here are the facts:
- If you qualify, you can get help paying your monthly health insurance cost, or premium.
- More than 4 in 5 people who already signed up got financial help.
- The amount of financial help you qualify for is based on your income and the size of your family.
- You can see what you might qualify for by entering some quick info into this Calculator.
- Some may even qualify for plans with lower out-of-pocket costs (lower co-pays, lower deductibles, etc.).
Remember: If you don’t have health insurance in 2017, you might get stuck with a fine. And the fine is even bigger this year. It’s $695 per adult or 2.5% of your income, whichever amount is higher. So take the first step — see what financial help you might qualify for!
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!