I got covered. What’s next?
Many people now have quality, affordable health insurance for the first time in many years — or even for the first time in their lives. That’s such great news!
If that includes you, you might have a lot of questions about your new health insurance plan. Here’s a quick checklist to help you get started:
- Make sure to pay your premium (that’s your monthly cost) to your health insurance company each month.
- Look over your summary of benefits and coverage. That’s a document that explains what services and costs are covered by your plan.
- Make a note of the out-of-pocket costs for your plan, which are also explained in the summary of benefits and coverage. This will help you understand what costs your plan covers and what your share will be.
- Find a primary care doctor in your network. This doctor will be your first stop for checkups, minor injuries, or minor illnesses.
- Schedule a checkup with your primary care doctor. Remember: Preventive care is free.
If you have questions about your plan, simply give your insurer a call.
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!