Keeping Those Pearly Whites in Top Shape
December 18, 2014
If you’re looking into health insurance plans (and why wouldn’t you be?!), you might have some questions about dental coverage. Here’s what you need to know:
- Some health plans include dental coverage. You can see which plans cover dental care when you shop in the Marketplace.
- You might be able to find a stand-alone dental plan. With a stand-alone plan, you’ll have a separate monthly payment to make.
- In most areas, you must be purchasing a health insurance plan to also purchase a stand-alone dental plan.
- Benefits for adults and children may be different.
- If you qualify for financial help but don’t use it all on your health insurance plan, you can use it to buy a dental plan. (For example, if you qualify for $300 a month in financial help, and you sign up for a plan that’s $250 a month, you’ll have $50 a month to apply toward dental coverage.)
Have more questions about finding dental coverage? Remember: You can get free, local help.
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!