Let the Countdown Begin!
September 26, 2014
It’s coming: Open enrollment starts in just 50 days. What does that mean for you? That means the Health Insurance Marketplaces will be open for business and you can sign up for affordable health insurance. Here are 5 things you should know in advance:
- Mark your calendar: You have from November 15th to February 15th to sign up for health insurance. If you don’t get covered, you might have to pay a fine of $325 or 2% of your income (whichever is more).
- Financial help is available. Over 4 in 5 people who already got covered got help paying for their health insurance.
- You can get in-person help with your application. You might have a lot of questions about health insurance. Don’t worry — there are people who can answer your questions and guide you through the application process.
- You can start thinking about what kind of coverage you need. There are different types of plans available to fit your needs and your budget.
- Every plan covers the essentials, so you know you’re getting a quality plan. That includes doctor’s visits, preventive care, prescriptions, E.R. visits, maternity care, and more. And you can’t be turned down or charged more for having a pre-existing condition.
Want more info? Sign up here, and we’ll help you get covered and stay covered.
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!