A Report Out from Our Partner Convention
July 18, 2014
This week’s State of Enrollment Texas Outreach and Enrollment Partner Convention brought more than 70 partners from all over the state to Austin for a day of learning, networking, and planning.
Here’s a recap of Wednesday’s event:
- The day began with U.S. Health and Human Services Regional Director Marjorie McColl Petty welcoming outreach and enrollment stakeholders. Director Petty congratulated each community on its unique successes in helping to enroll nearly 734,000 Texans in the Affordable Care Act’s first open enrollment period.
- Next, Enroll America Organizing Director Mario Castillo provided a look back with Lessons Learned from the First Open Enrollment Period and thoughts on the way forward.
- The spotlight then shined on strong partnership models. Two leaders from the Enroll SA coalition in Bexar County, Andrea Guajardo, Regional Director with CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System and Enroll America Regional Organizing Lead Joe Ibarra, shared Coming Together: Partnering to Drive Enrollment Outcomes.
- Following that spotlight, members of our national team shared some specific resources that can be helpful to partners:
- Senior Data Analyst Ricky Gonzales shared data-driven evidence from the first enrollment period with the presentation What Worked and How We Know, complete with results from a randomized, controlled test of consumers!
- Additionally, Deputy Training Director Elisabeth Salinas shared tools, strategies, and Resources for Partners, including the Partner training curriculum hub, an embeddable Calculator, and the Plan Picker.
- Then Texas State Director Mimi Garcia provided some dates and opportunities to keep in mind with a presentation on the Road to Open Enrollment II, which starts November 15.
- Finally, we had a series of breakouts for participants to get some hands-on training and support:
- In A Communications Game Plan to Reach the Uninsured, discussion turned to how to use earned media strategically as part of your outreach, with tips for successful media interviews.
- In Get Covered Data attendees got an introduction to the sophisticated database tool that drives consumer outreach for Enroll America and other enrollment partners.
- In Planning for Outreach participants got a chance to roll up their sleeves and work in teams on setting plans for collaboration, outreach and enrollment in the weeks and months ahead.
- In Getting the Most out of Your Enrollment Events discussion turned to best practices in conducting successful events that get Texans covered.
Contact us if you’d like to get copies of presentation slides. Huge thanks to everyone who made it out!
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!