Quiz: What Do You Really Know About Medicaid?
July 28, 2015
This week, we’re celebrating the 50th anniversary of Medicaid, a program that provides free or low-cost health insurance to those who qualify. But what do you really know about Medicaid? Test your knowledge with this quiz, and check your answers below!
- True or False: You can only enroll in Medicaid during open enrollment.
- True or False: Some states have their own name for their Medicaid and CHIP programs.
- True or False: If you didn’t qualify for Medicaid in the past, you could qualify now.
- True or False: You qualify for Medicaid based on your income.
- True or False: Some states don’t have Medicaid.
- False. If you qualify, you can sign up for Medicaid at any time during the year.
- True. Some states’ Medicaid programs have their own names, such as California’s Medi-Cal or Oklahoma’s SoonerCare.
- True. There are new rules in place, so even if you didn’t qualify for Medicaid in the past, you or someone in your family could qualify now.
- False. Whether you qualify for Medicaid depends on your income, your family size, and where you live.
- False. Every state has some form of Medicaid. Some states’ programs cover more people than others.
Well, how did you do?
Help us spread the word — if you know someone who can’t afford health insurance, encourage them to see if they qualify for free or low-cost coverage today!
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!