What’s the Deal with Financial Help?
November 9, 2016
So you’ve heard about Obamacare. You want Obamacare. But you’re worried about your budget.
Totally understandable. The good news is that financial help is available to lower your health care costs.
Here are the facts:
- If you qualify, you can get help paying your monthly health insurance cost, or premium.
- More than 4 in 5 people who already signed up got financial help.
- The amount of financial help you qualify for is based on your income and the size of your family.
- You can see what you might qualify for by entering some quick info into this Calculator.
- Some may even qualify for plans with lower out-of-pocket costs (lower co-pays, lower deductibles, etc.).
Remember: If you don’t have health insurance in 2017, you might get stuck with a fine. And the fine is even bigger this year. It’s $695 per adult or 2.5% of your income, whichever amount is higher. So take the first step — see what financial help you might qualify for!
Sign up to learn more about your health insurance options
We're here to help you on your journey to get covered. We’ll connect you to your state's Health Insurance Marketplace and let you know what to expect once you get there.Get Enrolled
Volunteer With Us
Get Covered America is a grassroots campaign powered by volunteers. Sign up now to volunteer!